Tuesday, March 3, 2015

DIY Breadboard cables


I am doing several experiments for projects I am working on. I guess everybody does that. I was working at a small project in which I wanted command a ledstrip with an Attiny85. So I soldered wires to the ledstrip. But then I needed to connect them to my breadboard.

I thought it was a waste of material to cut a real breadboard cable and solder it to the ledstrip. Instead I decided to make my own breadboard cables. I'll show you how.

What you need are plane simple paperclips. Take the small ones as the wire of the big ones is to thick.


Now first use a pair of plyers to straighten the paperclip



Next cut the straightened thread into 4 equal parts.


Now solder your wires to the parts


And that's it. ready for the breadboard.

Till next time.
Have fun.