Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 2017



The card says: A Good Year 2017
And so I hope it will be for all of us: Happy new Year.

This is my girlfriend and my new years card we send to all our friends and relatives. I will briefly tell you how I made it.



First I searched a suitable image of a bottle on the internet. I manipulated it in The Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) to make sure that the background was uniformly white and that the bottle outline was totally black.

Next I converted it to an SVG image using this link: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-svg



When I had the SVG image ready I imported it into 123D

Now I had the basic 3D object I scaled it to the right dimensions and made it 1mm thick.


I saved it as an STL file, imported that in my Repetier printer software, sliced it and then printed many copies.


All in all just a few hours work from which printing in different colors took the most time.
And we had a real unique New years Card.

Till next time
have fun

Luc Volders